GREAT PLAINS HEALTH HR
GPPN Centralized Services
To inspire health and healing by putting patients first – ALWAYS.
The Patient Scheduler is responsible for scheduling those services designated to central scheduling in a timely manner while insuring that all the required documentation is present on the order and following all protocols established by the department performing the test
High school diploma or equivalent required and must be 19 years of age.
1. Stand and/or walk frequently.
2. Sit constantly.
3. Lift and/or carry 30 pounds occasionally.
4. Push and/or pull 25 pounds occasionally.
5. Bend, stoop, crawl and squat occasionally.
6. Reach floor to overhead occasionally.
7. Visual acuity, manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination within normal limits.
1.Maintains a thorough understanding of the Scheduling modules in the Hospital Information System and Document Imaging System in order to schedule, cancel, reschedule patients as well as being able to edit or update patient appointment desk to reflect changes in patient demographics (phone number, address, status). After six months of employment, maintains a minimum accuracy rate of at least 99%.
2. Ability to interpret insurance information and insurance cards.
3. Demonstrates proper use of software applications to carry out duties. This would include other related modules in information system and Order Facilitator.
4. Ability to manage downtime procedures and re-initiation of Hospital Information System and Document Imaging System as related to scheduling
5. Ability to interpret orders and determine the test that requires scheduling
6. Ability to manage difficult phone conversations with potential patients and others.
Source: Hospital Jobs | Recruitology.com