Medical Recruiting, Inc.
Registered Respiratory Therapist needed for an acute care hospital in Nevada.
Patients range from geriatric to neonatal. Incumbent will predominately work various 12-hours shifts, three night shifts per week. Scheduling will change based on the needs of the department.
Primary responsibilities include providing direct and individualized care to patients including:
- Patient Monitoring – Monitor patient’s physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs, arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry changes, and consult with physician if adverse reactions occur. Seeks order changes when appropriate.
- Equipment – Inspect, clean, test and maintain respiratory therapy equipment to ensure equipment is functioning safely and efficiently, ordering repairs when necessary. Does not leave dirty equipment for the next shift unless they are informed at shift change.
- Staff Development – Assists in staff development activities such as orientation of new personnel, suggesting ways to solve problems, and make improvements in the department. Cooperates in implementing planned changes and activities to improve our Respiratory Care team. Participates in annual clinical competency education.
- Patient Educational Needs – Evaluates the patient and families educational and discharge needs Educate patients and their families about their conditions and teach appropriate disease management techniques, such as breathing exercises and the use of medications. Attends the twice weekly multidisciplinary case management meeting.
- Charting – Maintains department therapy log, recording procedures performed, new starts and DCs in a timely manner, and noting reasons for any missed treatments in the electronic medical record. Maintains proper critical care records, (flow sheets, and Ventilator settings). Chart treatments and procedure accurate in the forms provided immediately upon completion. Enters appropriate information into the hospital EMR system accurately and completely.
- Diagnostics – Maintains proficiency to perform setting up 24/48 hour Holter monitors, Cardiac event recorders, EKG, Pulmonary Function studies, End tidal Co2 monitoring, Heal sticks, Cord gasses and stress testing.
BENEFITS OVERVIEW: Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, company paid basic life and AD&D insurance, Supplemental and Voluntary insurance options, 401K with employer match, Paid Time Off/Holidays, tuition reimbursement program, cell phone discounts, and Flexible Health Spending Account/Dependent Care Account options.
Education: Degree in Respiratory Therapy
License and Certifications: Must have Current Nevada License in Respiratory Therapy and American Heart Association Certifications in BLS, ACLS, and PALS upon hire. NRP certification within one year of hire.
Experience: A minimum of one (1) year working in an acute hospital setting required.