Hill Country Memorial Hospital
**Job is located in Fredericksburg, TX
Demonstrates support of the mission, values and standards of HCM. Under the supervision of the Nursing Director, the Registered Nurse is responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care for patients and their families in a safe environment. Adheres to all HCM policies and procedures, including quality and infection control protocols.
- Provides effective leadership in the delivery of quality nursing care by assessing, planning, organizing and implementing patient care plan for assigned patients. Communicates this information as appropriate to other caregivers.
- Maintains documentation standards with accurate, timely and complete recording.
- Identifies patient safety, and care needs with effective delegation and communication to caregivers and appropriate skill level of staff.
- Administers medication and care in compliance with physician orders, accepted nursing standards (Evidence Based Practice) and HCM Policies & Procedures.
- Provides accurate and timely reporting, utilizing SBAR format during shift changes, hand-offs to other caregivers and to Physicians.
- Accepts and complies with the philosophy and goals of nursing, medical staff and other departments, including all Customer service requirements to maintain Customer Satisfaction as measured by Press Ganey an HCM Goal.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time.
- Participates in review of activities and processes for area of work; assists with implementation of changes to effect continuous improvement in services provided and in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Completes annual education requirements and maintains regulatory requirements as pertinent to nursing practice.
- Attends staff meetings, and accountability for information presented at monthly meetings that he/she is unable to attend.
- Sufficient to take and pass the Texas Board of registered Nursing State Licensure examination.
- Preferably has or actively working towards a BSN (or allied health field).
- Experience: Clinical experience must enable the applicant to pass required clinical competencies within six months of hire.
- Knowledge/Skills: Knowledgeable of computer/software applications. Demonstration of excellent English communication, both written and verbally, as well as excellent customer service skills.
Click the Apply button to be redirected to our website.
Source: Hospital Jobs | Recruitology.com