Goodhue County Health and Human Services
Come join the public service team at Goodhue County Health & Human Services! You will be a part of skilled, caring and knowledgeable HHS professionals whose talents and contributions promote, strengthen and protect the health of individuals, families and communities in Goodhue County every single day!
Kinds of work: Manages local Disease Control and Prevention unit. Oversees all program functions, administers vaccines, update agency policies, consult with local entities, coordinate local flu clinics, participate in TB investigations and manages LTBI cases, provides agency with recommendations regarding DP&C, and work in conjunction with emergency preparedness coordinator on agency plans.
Examples of work:
* Provide nursing consultation for local entities per contracts
* Case management for LTBI cases including ordering medications
* Managing vaccine programs including assessing the immunization status of children and adults; administers immunizations of children and adults.
* Maintain vaccination records and documentation
* Coordinate local vaccine clinics
* Provide agency in-services as requested
* Participate in agency committees requiring DP&C subject matter expertise
* Conduct TB investigations for Goodhue county
* Monitor infectious disease statistics for Goodhue County
* Assist with emergency preparedness plans as they related to DP&C
* Maintain and update agency policies
* Monitor unit budget
* Order and complete inventory
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Ability to establish & maintain effective relationships with clients, staff members, other agency representatives & the general public.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Ability to identify and utilize community resources in meeting the needs of clients.
* Demonstrates sensitivity and respect of cultural and individual differences.
* Ability to apply principles of public health to communities, families, and individuals
* Ability to assemble data and present data in report form.
* Ability to identify risks to both individual health and the communitys health.
* Ability to make independent decisions
* Demonstrates a willingness to take on increased responsibilities as necessary.
* Bachelors degree in nursing and certification as a public health nurse with current licensure as a registered nurse in Minnesota or current licensure as a registered nurse. * Must possess a valid drivers license.
Rate of Pay: Starting Minimal pay, depending on qualifications is $26.83 an hour, full time 40 hours per week. The County’s comprehensive benefit package includes medical and dental insurance, health savings account, employer paid life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave and 12 paid holidays per year.
Apply online at: https://agency.governmentjobs.com/mnmeritsystem/default.cfm (or by clicking on the ”apply” button)
Deadline for receipt of applications is December 4th, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.
Source: Hospital Jobs | Recruitology.com