The Department of Pediatrics and the Janet Weis Children’s Hospital at Geisinger is seeking a Board Eligible/Certified child abuse pediatrician to serve in the Division of Child Safety and Advocacy. The candidate will provide oversight, direct patient care, teaching and consultative services as a child abuse pediatrician. Our Division currently consists of a Board-Certified Child Abuse Pediatrician, two General Pediatricians who provide clinical oversight in both inpatient and outpatient treatment of abuse, program manager with administrative and social work background and a pediatric sexual assault nurse examiner. Our Division includes a fully accredited Child Advocacy Center (CAC) which utilizes a multi-disciplinary approach in the treatment of suspected child abuse and neglect. The candidate will work closely with the CAC Program Manager who has 30 years of experience to deliver comprehensive medical evaluation and treatment to child victims in the CAC setting, as well as to develop strategies for continual enhancement of our system wide response to child abuse and neglect. Our Children’s Hospital serves as the region’s only child abuse program and includes an active inpatient consultative service that works closely with providers in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Hospitalist Service, Pediatric Emergency Department and Pediatric Trauma Service.
We seek a dynamic individual who will help lead our efforts in the prevention, identification and treatment of child abuse and neglect within central, northeast and southeast Pennsylvania.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Providing guidance by working with the Pediatric and Geisinger leaders to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies for the treatment and prevention of child abuse.
- Providing or ensuring delivery of specialized forensic medical examinations on child abuse patients, including forensic rape exams, and the provision of expert consultation and review for suspected child abuse cases.
- Providing education of medical students, residents, attendings and SANE providers.
- Participating in research in child abuse and neglect with a focus on innovative preventative strategies.
We welcome graduating fellows to be part of this dynamic, growing and family centric division. The ideal candidate will be Board Eligible/Certified in Child Abuse Pediatrics and experienced in working in a multidisciplinary team setting. The successful candidate will join a thriving division in providing education of students, residents, fellows, staff and community partners, inpatient and outpatient clinical consultation and work with local and statewide community committees and agencies. The Child Advocacy Center is a stand-alone facility, fully equipped and manages over 600 outpatient referral cases per year from over a 7-county area. There are abundant opportunities for personal academic growth and development, new program development, medical consultations, community service and clinical research.
Graduate of an accredited School of Medicine, board eligible/certified in Pediatrics and Child Abuse. The candidate should be comfortable in both the outpatient and inpatient settings. General pediatric core skills are required.
Licensure, Registry, or Certification Required: Current License to practice medicine in PA, DEA number, valid PA driver’s license, maintenance of Board Certification in Child Abuse Pediatrics.
We take pride in the support we provide:
- Competitive straight salary model linked to quality and value versus productivity measures. Our compensation package will contain a blend of a base salary benchmarked off of the MGMA and large clinic surveys.
- Opportunities for generous recruitment loan and medical school loan repayment.
- Excellent benefits package, including Malpractice & Tail coverage
- Four weeks of paid vacation time annually
- Generous relocation benefit
- Employer contribution to retirement, full benefits beginning on day 1 of employment
- 15 days and $3500 for CME
- Training for new providers to assume leadership roles within the department is available
- Faculty position within the residency program and faculty appointment at Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine commensurate with experience and scholarly achievements.