This is not your typical medical center
AbsoluteCare is designed to care for society’s sickest patients. Prior to coming to AbsoluteCare, our patients are typically ill-served by the uncoordinated traditional health care system, bouncing between emergency rooms, hospitals, and specialists several times a year. But through our integrated care teams, including a primary care provider, nurse care managers, social workers, behavioral health specialists, pharmacists and community outreach workers, we are able to transform the lives of our members. We offer complex, coordinated medical care through our medical teams with our onsite infusion center, full pharmacy, and lab & imaging suites. We also treat the social determinants of health, addressing housing instability, food insecurity, or simply loneliness through our integrated care team.
We are seeking a Primary Care Physician with experience treating patients with multiple chronic diseases who values a team-oriented Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) model.
- Treat some acute exacerbation of chronic conditions onsite, utilizing the ambulatory care infusion center, i.e. Lasix for CHF, IVF for Dehydration/Renal Failure, IV antibiotics for various infections, Nebulizer/Solumedrol for COPD/Asthma etc. Possess a comfort level and the knowledge to differentiate when exacerbation can be treated within AbsoluteCARE and when a higher level of care needed.
- Manage and improve health for patients with multiple chronic medical conditions. Track patients and their disease processes to prevent ER visits, admissions to the hospital, and readmissions.
- Work in a team environment, process feedback, and facilitate discussion and implementing plans of care from other members of the team.
- Develop strong transitional care plans to track paneled patients along the continuum of care, including discharges from the hospital, ER, skilled nursing facilities/nursing homes, and home care.
- Develop care plans in conjunction with multidisciplinary team members specific to each patient.
- Accept same day/next day or urgent appointments for patients from home or discharged from the hospital/ER/skilled nursing facility in need of intensified physician or case management/social work services to ensure acute episode has resolved and the patient is not admitted/readmitted.
- Assist with educating patients regarding their chronic diseases and healthy choices.
- Assist with the education and discussion of chronic disease progression and the need for advanced directives.
- Practice evidenced based medicine and in accordance with the PCMH model of care.
- Track and successfully achieve specified quality metric goals.
- Licensed physician in the state of Maryland
- Board certified Internal Medicine or Family Practice
- BLS certification
- Two years of outpatient primary care/family medicine experience
- Success working as part of a multidisciplinary team; excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Problem resolution
- Understand PCMH model of care as it pertains to specialist care
- Population health management
- Experience with psycho-socially and medically complex patients
- Experience with NCQA PCMH model
- Success maximizing EMR systems