Texas Health Resources
We have an immediate need for a talented Interventional Cardiologist who would like to begin practicing this summer on the north side of the Dallas/Fort Worth “Metroplex”.
- MD or DO candidates
- Internal Medicine residency and cardiology residency completion required from an accredited ACGME program
- Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology completion required from an accredited ACGME program
- Board certified or board eligible candidates required
- Seeking candidate ready to begin practice immediately (in 2021) to replace a provider.
About the Job:
- This is an employed opportunity with Texas Health Physicians Group, which is part of one of the largest healthcare systems in North Texas, and to join 6 well-trained and respected cardiologists. The practice has 2 APP providers and has been operating for over 25 years.
- The position will primarily be based in our Flower Mound outpatient location where we have a great demand for cardiology services. There is potential for seeing follow up patients in our Denton office to offer additional, convenient access for post-procedural follow up care.
- The interventional/STEMI call responsibility will be for Texas Health Denton and Texas Health Alliance hospitals, with the Denton facility serving as the primary, procedural facility for this market.
- Rounding will be expected at Texas Health Denton and Texas Health Flower Mound, and Texas Health Alliance only if on call.
Texas Health Physicians Group includes over 1,000 physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners and medical professionals dedicated to providing safe, quality care for our patients. Through THPG, Texas Health Resources is more than just a network of hospitals – it is now a full health system with the opportunity to provide unparalleled healthcare coverage to North Texans. Patients benefit from improved safety, better outcomes and increased efficiencies that can happen when all parts of the health care system work in close collaboration.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton is a 255-bed hospital serving Denton and the surrounding communities in North Texas. Texas Health Denton is certified as a chest pain center by the Joint Commission. It serves as a Primary Stroke Center as certified by the Joint Commission and the American Heart Association and designated by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Texas Health Flower Mound is a joint venture facility involving physicians with Texas Health Resources. Doctors on the medical staff practice independently and are not employees or agents of the hospital. This facility was opened in 2010 and is the area’s first acute care center. It hosts 101 beds and utilizes more than 400 physicians on medical staff in a variety of specialties.
The hospitals and practice are continuing to grow and expand to meet their market population.
The area of Denton/Flower Mound/Lewisville is a growing area that is approximately 20 miles to Dallas and 25 miles to Fort Worth.
These facilities are part of Texas Health Resources, one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served. The system’s primary service area consists of 16 counties in north central Texas, home to more than 7 million people.
Sorry, our opportunities cannot sponsor a J-1 visa waiver and this position is not open to outside recruiting firms.
Physicians employed by Texas Health Physicians Group are not employed by a Texas Health Resources hospital.PandoLogic. Keywords: Cardiac Nurse, Location: Denton, TX – 76201