Norton Medical Group, a part of Norton Healthcare
NORTON HEART & VASCULAR INSTITUTE Advanced Heart Failure Career Opportunity
“This practice is a subspecialty-based model made up of high-functioning providers who are collegial and diverse. Backed by a well-established cardiovascular service line structure that has access to up-to-date technology and facilities, we pride ourselves in providing a high level of service and quality of patient care that make our institute a great place for a provider to practice and grow.”
JOSEPH A. LASH, M.D.
Executive Medical Director
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute
NORTON HEART & VASCULAR INSTITUTE, a part of Norton Healthcare, is the area’s largest collaborative cardiovascular group, with 48 board-certified physicians and 33 advanced practice providers focused in a specialty and subspecialty model that includes general cardiology, advanced cardiac imaging, electrophysiology, interventional cardiology, advanced heart failure care with mechanical circulatory support, vascular surgery, and structural heart and cardiothoracic surgery. Norton Heart & Vascular Institute maintains more than 52% of the total cardiovascular market share in our primary service area.
Seeking candidates in the following areas:
Advanced Heart Failure Cardiologist:
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute is seeking a fellowship-trained advanced heart failure cardiologist to join its expanding program. The ideal candidate will join our Advanced Heart Failure and Recovery Program, a 25 person multi-disciplinary team that includes two board certified, fellow-ship trained heart failure cardiologist, 5 heart failure advanced practice providers, and 3 dedicated heart failure nurse navigators, a social worker, pharmacist, perfusionist and 2 VAD coordinators.
About the position
- Ideal candidate will have expertise in advanced heart failure therapies including: myocardial recovery, Cardiomems, right heart catheterizations, cardiac MRI reading, cardiac transplantation and mechanical circulatory support devices.
- Opportunity to work with our nationally accredited cardiac imaging and diagnostics program, four chest pain centers and our HeartCare Center of Excellence
- Utilizing the LifeVest monitoring system, Cardiomems monitoring system and ReDS System technologies
- Ability to practice inpatient and outpatient care with a work-life balance
- Telecardiology services readily available
- Total compensation package that includes call pay, heavily weighted quality bonus, relocation reimbursement, continuing medical education funds, signing bonus for fellows and physicians located outside the market, and more
- Benefits include 36 days of paid vacation, a 4 1/2-day workweek and access to Norton Provider Leadership Academy
- On-call coverage for heart failure population only
Requirements for this position
- Medical degree/diploma
- Residency/fellowship certi?cation
- Kentucky medical license or license eligible
WHY NORTON HEALTHCARE FOR YOUR CAREER?
- Market share leader in the region
- Strong support network of advanced practice providers, nurse navigators, educators and social workers
- Strong continued investment in technology and physical spaces for improved patient care environments
- Ranked on Becker’s Healthcare 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare list in 2019
- Recognized as one of America’s Best Employers for Women by Forbes (2018 and 2019)
ABOUT NORTON MEDICAL GROUP
- NETWORK OF MORE THAN 1,500 PROVIDERS
- EPIC ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORDS IN 100% OF PRACTICES AND HOSPITALS
- PHYSICIAN LED MEDICAL GROUP
NORTON HEALTHCARE SYSTEM OVERVIEW
- Not-for-profit health care system
- Approximately 850 clinical research studies
- Top tier among Healthiest Employers of Greater Louisville (2013 to 2019)
- All hospitals and Norton Cancer Institute earned LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leader designation (2018 and 2019)
About Norton Heart & Vascular Institute
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute, a part of Norton Healthcare, is the Louisville area’s leading cardiovascular disease prevention and treatment program. Each year, Norton Heart & Vascular Institute provides diagnostic, medical, interventional and surgical care for thousands of patients from Kentucky and Southern Indiana. Norton Heart & Vascular Institute specialists treat patients at Norton Healthcare’s four adult-service hospitals and numerous diagnostic outpatient and specialty centers throughout Greater Louisville. Each facility is accredited through the American College of Cardiology’s Accreditation Services, which ensures the highest-quality standards for diagnostic services. All four of Norton Healthcare’s adult acute-care hospitals are accredited by the American College of Cardiology’s Accreditation Services as Cycle V Chest Pain Centers, the highest level of accreditation possible. Three of these facilities, Norton Audubon Hospital, Norton Brownsboro Hospital and Norton Hospital, serve as regional PCI (percutaneous coronary intervention) receiving centers and participate in the state’s first regional STEMI program, providing 24/7 heart attack care for patients from throughout Kentucky and Southern Indiana. Norton Heart & Vascular Institute offers a nationally recognized advanced heart failure specialist with expertise in the management of end-stage heart failure, mechanical circulatory support and heart transplantation. Norton Heart & Vascular Institute Resource Center at Norton Women’s & Children’s Hospital is among the first in the nation offering diagnostic and educational services dedicated exclusively to heart disease in women.
Norton Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender IdentityPandoLogic. Keywords: Cardiac Nurse, Location: Louisville, KY – 40218