Medical Recruiting, Inc.
Physical Therapist needed for an acute care hospital in southern New Mexico.
Position will provide direct patient care services to individuals of all ages. Services include: restore function, improve mobility, relieve pain and prevent or limit permanent physical disabilities in a supportive, team oriented environment.
Rehab department has an active role in communicating recommendations for next level of care and assessing DME needs. Our physical therapists have the opportunity to evaluate and treat patients with a variety of medical needs located throughout the facility including ICU/CCU, orthopedics, medical/surgical, NICU, PICU, ED, and others. Work closely with a dynamic, interactive interdisciplinary team including occupational therapy, speech therapy, therapy technicians, nursing, patient care technicians, physicians, case management, respiratory therapy, pharmacy, and others.
Additional responsibilities of the Physical Therapist include:
- Perform appropriate physical therapy evaluations, implement and manage an individualized evidence-based patient plan of care according to physician orders
- Documenting patient progress daily and adjusting treatment plans as necessary
- Accurately bill for services provided in accordance to CMS guidelines
- Supervise assistants, technicians, students
- Opening communicate with case management to assist with throughput
- Assess patients’ need and use devices such as crutches, walkers, wheelchairs or prostheses
- Collaborate with other healthcare providers to maintain continuity of care and focus on patient goals
- Maintain productivity standards
Minimum Experience: No previous experience
Preferred Experience: 1-2 years in acute care, Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Certification
Required Course(s)/Training: BS in Physical Therapy from an accredited university required as the minimum level of education.
Required Certification/Registration: Registered Physical Therapist in State of New Mexico; Temporary license acceptable; CPR Certification
This is a full-time, day shift position.
The pay range for Physical Therapists is $29.63-$42.91. Shift Differentials are also paid according to the shift the Physical Therapist’s works.