Patient Services Operator
The Patient Services Operator answers all incoming telephone calls, schedules patient appointments, validates eligibility, routes calls to the appropriate employee or provider and takes messages as required. Performs various office duties in the medical office setting for proficient operations and patient satisfaction. Works closely with the front desk to trouble-shoot and resolve problems and maintains positive relationships with patients, their family members, visitors, and fellow employees.
You (with your team) will be wholly responsible for all the communication that goes on in the practice. This is probably the most important job within our practice. You are responsible for answering telephone calls, taking messages, transferring calls, and ensuring that emergency services are coordinated in accordance with the nature of the emergency.
As a switchboard operator, you will need to be extremely diligent as you are technically responsible for the patient’s sight. You will need to be able to listen intently, determine the nature of the call, and see if the call must be transferred to a specific staff member – or if you can handle it. You will screen calls to ensure authenticity and make sure that any messages are communicated to the correct recipients in a time-efficient manner.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with staff, patients, insurance companies, and physicians
- Demonstrated attention to detail; Good speaking, spelling, reading and Mathematical skills required
- Demonstrate ability to learn quickly, and follow directions as outlined in policies or given by manager
- Strong Computer skills PM Medevolve/ EMR SRS and Knowledge in Word, Excel and ability to maneuvering through multiple screens in a timely manner.
- 1+ year of operator, medical office front/back work experience preferred
- Medical terminology knowledge strongly preferred
- Conversationally fluent in 1 of more languages besides English is a plus
- Insurance knowledge preferred
- Ability to multi- task in a fast and high-pressured environment
- Stringent adherence to all HIPAA laws
- Strong typing skills
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving. The ability to act and decide accordingly.
- Excellent Customer service and phone skills Required Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Train new staff on proper protocols in answer the phone and the operation of various features of the phones.
- Perform patient triage to properly disposition patient
- Provide the required information in person and direct visitors/patients to appropriate staff members or departments
- Take telephone calls and respond to inquiries aimed at services and procedures
- Transfer telephone calls to intended recipients after screening them properly
- Make outgoing calls on requests, confirm medical visits or procedures.
- Answer queries pertaining to our patients by following strict confidentiality protocols
- Arrange for TDD or other translation services as required.
- Generate phone system reports as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills (PM medevolve, EMR SR, general word, excel, PPT, CRM)
Previous ophthalmology experience a plus.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: One year related experience
Able to navigate between screens: able to accurately enter data.
If you meet the above criteria please submit an updated resume, with a statement of intent by clicking apply.
Source: Hospital Jobs | Recruitology.com