Westside Internal Medicine
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Greets patients upon arrival.*
- Responsible for verifying insurance and collecting co-pays, deductibles and balances due.*
- Collect and post charges and payments.*
- Obtain prior authorizations for procedures performed in house and other facilities.*
- Answers multi-line telephone in a courteous and timely manner.*
- Ensures appointment slots are filled in accordance with scheduling guidelines.*
- Maintains telephone call list to notify patients of availability or changes in appointment time, reschedules accordingly.*
- Maintains up to date HIPAA forms on all patients.*
- Checks messages upon arrival to the office and follows up on calls as necessary.*
- Scans patients tests, patient information and office notes into system.*
- Processes daily receivable cash and credit cards.*
- Prepares new patient packets.
- Assists clinical staff with rooming patients and checking vitals.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Source: Hospital Jobs | Recruitology.com