Black River Memorial Hospital is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the part or full-time position of Patient Access Representative. This position can be between 40 – 72 hours per pay period and is on a rotating schedule of days and p.m.s. The Patient Access Representative is responsible for helping patients gain access to care in our organization. In addition, the Patient Access Representatives receives incoming telephone calls, customers, and guests in a prompt, courteous, and professional manner and accurately records data
- Welcomes, assists, and directs all people on arrival to the organization.
- Registers all patients according to organization’s policy, explaining financial requirements to the patients or responsible parties and collects copays as required. Validates information is accurate.
- Efficiently and appropriately utilizes communication and office equipment. Promptly and professionally answers telephone calls. Routes calls appropriately, offering voice mail, paging, or redirection of calls as needed. Phones or pages employees to meet visitors and directs visitors to appropriate waiting areas.
- Completes pre-registration process (monitors Scheduler Books).
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- One year related training or experience.
- Certification in Patient Access by NAHAM or HFMA preferred.
- Proficiently uses computer, phone, and various types of office equipment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
If you have exceptional client service abilities and would enjoy being the first smiling face patients greet, we want you. Make Black River Memorial Hospital your career and you’ll appreciate excellent benefits, positive and pleasant hospital environment that values teamwork, and a passionate focus on patient service. For a full job description and to fill out an application, please click the links below. Apply now!
Qualified candidates may apply online HERE.
Click HERE to view a full job description.
Source: Hospital Jobs | Recruitology.com