Pee Dee Pathology
We are currently seeking a full-time pathology medical secretary to join our laboratory in Florence Monday-Friday 9:00am-6:00pm. We are a CAP accredited pathology laboratory where quality sets the standard.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Answers departmental phone calls and assists clients as needed.
- Checks reports for accuracy; record discrepancies and communicate these errors to Supervisor and Client Services.
- Once trained, be proficient in the laboratory software. Accurately transcribes pathology reports.
- Distributes reports to offices, as required.
- Will learn and be responsible for various other clerical duties.
- Ensure all company safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
- Adhere to HIPAA regulations in accordance with Federal Law
- Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
- Follows safety and infection control policies of the laboratory and all other hospital policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- College level courses in Medical Terminology, Anatomy and Physiology and Medical Transcription preferred
- Knowledge of cellular anatomy are required.
- Must have strong typing skills and knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication and reading skills are required.
- Must be proficient in English.
Please email qualified resume to Jennifer McKissick.
Source: Hospital Jobs | Recruitology.com