Medical Recruiting, Inc.
Director of Case Management needed for a mid-sized, acute care hospital in Virginia.
Salary: $80K – $110K DOE and sign on bonus
Benefits: Comprehensive Package
The ideal candidate will have prior experience as a Director or Assistant Director in a medium to large size hospital system.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills. Capable of relating to diverse age and demographic backgrounds. Analytical ability sufficient to evaluate data, make judgments and recommendations regarding operations and budgets, design protocols and create well developed reports.
- Professional knowledge sufficient to assure quality of care provided with multidisciplinary service areas. Demonstrated organizational leadership and management skills.
- Defining performance goals and expectations for the department and staff.
- Ensuring compliance with all policies and regulations standards relating to the functioning of the case management department
- Maintaining / facilitating communication between the members of the case management department and the physician advisor regarding medical necessity, progression of the plan of care and/or quality issues
- Develops and implements departmental goals, plans, and standards consistent with the clinical, administrative, legal, and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
- Plans and monitors staffing activities, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
Minimum Work Experience
- 5 years experience as Case Manager required.
- 5 years progressive management experience preferred.
- Experience in computer applications, data base management and technical support required.
- Exceptional skills in oral and written communication required.
- Must be able to work side by side with all levels of employees, physicians, and external hospital agencies.
- Requires experience with Interqual or MCG criteria software, advanced computer skills and is proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience preferred with Meditech EMR and with MorCare.
- Knowledge of JCAHO, DHEC, CMS, OSHA, CLIA and other regulatory agency standards
Active medical staff of approximately 165 members and over 1,300 employees. The hospital provides over 25 medical specialties and 14 surgical services to the community.