Live-in Female Caregiver Position
LOCATION: CORPUS CHRISTI, TEXAS
Looking for a live-in female competent caregiver to care for an elderly couple, in a professional and compassionate manner. It is often a demanding job. But it can also be very satisfying and rewarding, since elderly people are very thankful for high quality assistance.
The ideal candidate will be patient and friendly with excellent communication skills and perform a variety of tasks to help.
- Distribute prescribed medication.
- Assist with mobility around the house or outside.
- Assist with personal care, bathing and hygiene.
- Assisting my mother to restroom every 3 – 4 hours.
- Supervise my mother at all times, she has dementia and sometimes get into things she shouldn’t.
- Planning and preparing meals.
- Perform housekeeping duties. (which include: vacuuming, laundry (could be daily formats), mopping floors, cleaning bathrooms, dusting etc.).
- Be a pleasant and supportive companion.
- Report any unusual incidents.
- Act quickly and responsibly in case of emergency.
- Experience as a caregiver.
- A resume and references.
- Knowledge of emergency response and first aid (CPR is a plus)
- Knowledge of housekeeping activities and cooking.
- Respectful and compassionate.
- Time management skills.
- Strong ethics.
- Physical endurance.
- MUST have proof of COVID vaccine.
- Must like dogs. There are 3 little dogs in the house. (if you have a small dog, it will be possible to bring it to the house if they all get along)
- Must have knowledge on how to assist a person with dementia.
- Non-smoker preferred; however, smoking is permitted only outside since my father has asthma. There is a covered patio.
- Please avoid large group gatherings, due to COVID.
Salary $1,000, paid on the 1st and the 15th of each month.
This will be an independent contractor position. No withholding will be made, you will be responsible for the income taxes.
Time off: Monday through Friday 12 pm – 4 pm. (could be negotiable)
WHO YOU WILL BE CARING FOR:
My mother has dementia and will need constant supervision. She will need reminders to go to the restrooms every few hours. Her medications are twice a day which needs to be crushed and put into pudding. She is very friendly, lovable and happy. She loves to talk, color and get her nails painted.
My father is forgetful, so you will need to remind him to do things a few times. He is hard of hearing, so sometimes you will need to repeat yourself. He is a retired navy vet and loves to talk about his time in the service. If you are a vet, he would love talking to you. He loves to watch old westerns, fox news and game shows. He takes medication twice a day and there are 2 sprays for his lungs that he needs to take daily. You will need to make sweet tea. He has to have it every day-all day long.
Source: Hospital Jobs | Recruitology.com