Intravene, LLC & Infectious Disease Associates of Central Va., Inc.
Full Time opportunity for experienced IV Nurse.
Ideal day shift schedule. No nights. No weekends.
• Group Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Gap
• 401(k) with employer match and profit sharing
• Additional cash balance retirement plan
• Generous Paid Time Off Policy
1. Coordinate daily nursing operations which may include but is not limited to:
a. Preparing and maintaining patient treatment areas
b. Receiving new patients into the Intravene program
c. All aspects of patient care as dictated by physician orders
d. Scheduling of all appointments and follow care
2. Manage nursing care and participate in clinical monitoring of patients in accordance with regulatory agency standards and Intravene policy
a. Be proficient with procedures for the care and use of Heparin Locks, Midlines, PICC lines, Subclavian lines, Hickman catheters, Groshong catheters, Hohn catheters and port-a-caths
b. Be proficient in the knowledge of infusion rates and other infusion related information
c. Be proficient with the use of infusion pumps in order to use, teach and trouble shoot
3. Keep physicians informed to pertinent patient data
4. Be familiar with OSHA & HIPPA requirements and adhere to protocol
5. Ensure adequate information flow between pharmacy, physician, nursing and billing
Position requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting/assisting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing.
Source: Hospital Jobs | Recruitology.com