Medical Recruiting, Inc.
Director of Obstetrics needed for a small, acute care hospital in Utah.
This position is responsible and accountable for effective operation of the Obstetrics, Women and Newborn Services including high quality, cost effective delivery of patient care, managing nursing personnel, and developing and implementing approved department projects and goals.
- Provides education, direction and mentorship of the nursing team’s function, purpose, and goals.
- Communicates, collaborates, and coordinates with team members to provide quality patient care and to ensure positive patient outcomes.
- Provides education in the areas of nursing competency, continuous process improvement, infection control, employee health, safety, case management, and program evaluation.
- Responsible for accreditation standards to ensure all team members adhere to all standards set forth by the State and accrediting agencies of TJC and CMS.
- Ensures nursing team participation and accountability in process improvement.
- Ensures Infection Control standards are maintained at all times.
- Ensures licensure and competencies are current for all supervised staff.
- Attends all meetings and huddles.
- Manages staffing needs by evaluating census, acuity, skill level, and staff availability.
- Participates in and drives clinical components of utilization review.
- Addresses staff, physician, patient, and family concerns immediately. Initiates immediate steps to correct problems when appropriate.
- Must be a licensed RN in the State of Utah
- At least 2 years of nursing experience required
- Current BLS certification required
- BSN preferred
- Management experience preferred
Outdoor paradise. From Flaming Gorge Reservoir to the primitive areas of the Uinta Mountains, outdoor recreation is at your doorstep. Fishing, hunting, biking, camping, golfing, water sports, cross country skiing, white water rafting are just a few of the activities that this diverse landscape has to offer. All of this centrally located between Salt Lake and Denver.