Greater Regional Health
The Chief Ancillary Officer at Greater Regional Health will work under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer. The Chief Ancillary Officer is responsible for the overall operations of the following departments: pharmacy, radiology, laboratory, rehabilitation services, respiratory therapy, nutritional services, food services, and public health. The ideal candidate will also act as a member of the administrative team, assisting in the leadership of the organization.
Major Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the planning and delivery of services of assigned departments. Regularly
communicates with staff to ensure quality services are provided; conducts staff meetings
to ensure continuity of planning and implantation of services.
- Foster the growth and development of physician leaders as knowledgeable, participative
- Identify, develop, and maintain benchmarks for establishing practice performance
standards utilizing evidence-based practice standards.
- Reviews, revises, submits, and implements policies, procedures, goals, and objectives for
assigned areas. May participate in developing and revising department policies and
- Develop and maintain departmental staffing plan detailing appropriate employee
classifications and qualifications consistent with the department’s operational plan,
projected volumes, and other relevant indicators. Participate in human resource planning
providing recommendations for staffing, proactive recruitment and long-term goals.
Assure compliance with staffing plan.
- Develop annual operating and capital budgets, monitor and analyze performance and
productivity and implement necessary corrective actions. Collaborate with other
departments in budget preparation, determining capital priorities, monitoring and
analyzing trends. Utilize budget information in management decision-making.
- Maintain open and positive communication with staff, physicians, other hospital
departments and others.
- Remain current in legislative and regulatory changes, participate and provide leadership
in creating changes to improve the health of the community.
- Positively represent GRH and Clinics with patients/family members, employers, payers
and other public and private groups.