PLEASANT VALLEY MANOR
Pay: $14.18 to start
Don’t just take a position – join a caring and supportive team! We are seeking a Dietary Aide to join our growing team for an immediate full-time role. The dietary aide position requires professionalism and a cheerful disposition that’s focused on customer service. You will be responsible for ensuring our resident population receives meals in a timely manner and service with a smile.
Caring is our calling! Pleasant Valley Manor is a premier non-profit long-term care facility located in the idyllic foothills of the Pocono Mountains near Stroudsburg, PA, with caring roots in our community since 1974, delivering unparalleled quality and compassionate resident care with a focus on individual resident needs, and delivering positive outcomes for residents and their families. If you value the needs of older adults and want to make a difference in their lives, have high standards for customer service, and thrive in creating personalized experiences, then you’ll fit right into our diverse and fun-loving culture where everyone is treated with respect and recognized for their efforts.
A day in the life of a Dietary Aide includes, but is not limited to, the following duties and responsibilities:
· Assembles meals with a focus on meal presentation. Follows tray card instructions. Observes portion control. Ensures meal trays are neat and unsoiled.
· Ensures timely meal and beverage delivery at established mealtimes, and as required. Ensures sanitary utensils and other required accessories are provided at mealtimes.
· Provides service with a smile. Engages residents in conversation by getting to know their preferences, special accommodations, personal interests, and initiates friendly exchanges. Ensures all residents are treated fairly, with kindness, dignity, and respect.
· Checks inventory, puts away inventory, stocks ingredients, and alerts supervisor when low on inventory. Receives and stores supplies. Utilizes proper inventory rotation methods. Keeps refrigerators, freezers, and storage areas neat and organized.
· Sets up tables and chairs and ensures dining area is ready for service.
· Cleans and sanitizes workstations and tray lines. Performs dishwashing procedures, ensures plates and eating utensils are spotless. Performs general kitchen cleaning and sanitizing. Sweeps, mops, and disposes of trash. Follows cleaning schedules.
· Promptly reports resident grievances.
· Assists with new team member orientation when needed.
· Complies with HIPAA regulations and ensures resident privacy and confidentiality.
· 18 years of age or older.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Prior dietary aide or server experience preferred, but not required. Experience working in a hospital, skilled nursing facility, or other related medical facility a plus.
· Ability to speak, read, and understand the English language.
· ServSafe Foodhandler certification, or ability to obtain within 90 days.
· Customer service-oriented. Respectful, positive, and friendly attitude.
· Ability to work in a team and collaborate well with others.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Dependability and reliability.
· Competitive Pay
· 401(k) & 401(k) Matching Contributions
· Generous Shift Differentials
· Immediate Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
· Long-Term Disability
· Life Insurance
· Referral Program
· Employee Assistance Program
· Paid Vacation Time
· Paid Sick Time
· Paid Holidays
· Professional Development Assistance
· Temperature screenings.
· COVID testing.
· PPE required and provided.
· Social distancing guidelines in place.
· Escalated sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning measures.
Pleasant Valley Manor is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other state and federal protected class.
As we navigate the COVID crisis, Pleasant Valley Manor continues to observe CDC guidelines and takes every precautionary measure to ensure potential candidates, our staff, and our residents remain safe.
For questions, please call (570) 402-4271
Source: Hospital Jobs | Recruitology.com