COMPLETE EYECARE ASSOCIATES
Complete Eyecare Associates
North Platte, NE 69101
Busy Optometric practice seeking full time contact lens technician and front office personnel. Our practice needs an energetic, motivated and patient-oriented team members. Past experience in an optometric setting helpful but not necessary.
Contact Lens Technician
Job Description for Opticians, Dispensing: Design, measure, fit, and adapt lenses and frames for client according to written optical prescription or specification. Assist client with inserting, removing, and caring for contact lenses. Assist client with selecting frames. Measure customer for size of eyeglasses and coordinate frames with facial and eye measurements and optical prescription. Prepare work order for optical laboratory containing instructions for grinding and mounting lenses in frames. Verify exactness of finished lens spectacles. Adjust frame and lens position to fit client. May shape or reshape frames. Includes contact lens opticians.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist patients with contact lens fittings
• Patient education on contact lens products, proper care of contact lens, and insertion and removal of contact lenses
• Ordering all trials and contact lens supplies for patients; including gas permeable and specialty lenses
• Filing of insurance claims
• Maintaining stock and inventory
• Working up patients on non-assigned contact lens time
Skills and Abilities
• Comfortable with clinical interactions
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong documentation skills
• Ability to multitask
• Strong written and verbal communication skill
Front Office Personnel
The role is critical, since this person provides the first impression for patients coming into an optometrist office. This is especially important in a medical environment where people may be apprehensive about health issues. The effective receptionist is able to multitask and respond to the needs of the patients and other medical staff efficiently and calmly. With additional experience and responsibility, a receptionist can parlay skills learned on the job into more lucrative medical assistant or optician roles.
Optometrist Front Office Personnel will interface with patients and doctors. They answer phone calls, schedule appointments, maintain charts and greet patients. The receptionist is also responsible for regular office duties, light cleaning, keeping track of supplies and maintaining office equipment.
Other duties may include:
Authorizing insurance and billing
Source: Hospital Jobs | Recruitology.com