Clinical – Program Specialist Full-time
Primary Purpose Deliver clinical components of Senior Health Partners programs and services. Conduct in-home assessments, develop care plans to deliver the Community Care Options Program in accordance with the Minimum Service Standards for the program as funded by the Calhoun County Senior Millage. Deliver clinical component of Senior Fitness & Fun. Facilitate support groups, present health related educational programs, and assist with community outreach.
Accountability Chart Key Roles
• In-home comprehensive assessments and care planning.
• Deliver clinical components to Senior Fitness & Fun sites.
• Participant advocate.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct in-home initial and periodic assessments, identifies, and develops a specific plan of care, makes referrals, provides limited care management for senior eligible for the Community Care Options.
• Delivers clinical component of Senior Fitness and Fun at sites, facilitates support groups, presents health and wellness programs throughout Calhoun County.• Refers participants to appropriate community agencies or facilities, assisting as needed.
• Acts as a liaison with such organizations and advocates for participants when needed.
• Documents client data on client charts.
• Provides statistics and documentation of services using forms provided and submits to appropriate staff within identified timeframes
.• Identifies opportunities for programs and outreach that increase participation and address changing or unmet needs for older adults. Collaborates with SHP team and others to respond.
• Encourages effective relationships within the SHP team to assure quality and compliance with service and industry standards.
• Participates in quality improvement activities.• Perform all other duties as assigned.Leader Responsibilities – NoneQualifications
• Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as health care professional in the State of Michigan; may be a physician, registered nurse, licensed practical nurse, clinical social worker (Limited License Bachelor of Social Work, Limited License Master Social Worker, Licensed Bachelor Social Worker, or Licensed Master Social Worker), physician’s assistant, nurse practitioner, licensed physical therapist, or occupational therapist.
• Knowledge of the aging process.
• Experience working with older adults required
.• Excellent problem solving, decision-making and negotiation skills
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
.• Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to interpret regulations and standards to clients and vendors.
• Ability to work with limited supervision in a team environment.
• Ability to work with various groups and individuals including older persons, culturally diverse people, state and local elected officials and other human service agency personnel.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to work on various projects at one time.
• Acute attention to detail and exemplary customer service skills.Specific Requirements
• Must have or be able to acquire a certification in evidence-based programs delivered by SHP.
• Demonstrates our core values of compassion, integrity, teamwork, and excellence.
• Support of Comprehensive Senior Care Corporation philosophy.
• Must provide exceptional customer service in support of all staff, external partners and participants.
• Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive and private information.
• Immunizations and vaccines must be current or medical documentation must be provided from a medical provider with reason (s) to request waiver (Hepatitis B, TB, MMR, Varicella, TDaP, Flu, COVID-19).
• Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel between centers as needed; current valid Michigan driver’s license and current valid vehicle insurance required. Physical Demands (With or without accommodations)
• Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
• Must function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to collaborate effectively with participants, staff, and support agencies.
• Must be able to push, pull, move, sit or stand for long periods of time.
• Lift up to twenty pounds as needed.
Please apply via email or call 269-986-3135
Web Id: 0010388329
Hospital Jobs | Recruitology.com