Certified Nursing Assistant
Must have COVID-19 vaccination.
Talmage Terrace is a beautiful senior living community located in Athens, Georgia. Under the direct supervision of the Personal Care Manager, Charge Nurse or designee, the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) provides assistance services, including activities of daily living, to residents in a senior living community. May be assigned to Personal Care and/or Skilled Care units.
About Wesley Woods
Wesley Woods Senior Living is affiliated with the North Georgia Conference of the United Methodist Church providing housing and services ministries to seniors in the North Georgia area. Wesley Woods Senior Living is rooted in the Judeo-Christian values believing that aging has a fulfilling purpose in life and that faith development is lifelong.
1. Assists residents with activities of daily living and plan of care implementation; carries out nursing care measures as assigned.
- Delivers general hygiene such as bath, shower, grooming, mouth/denture care.
- Provides physical assistance with routine self-care, such as selecting clothing and daily dressing.
- Assists with incontinent care and related elimination care activities.
- Transfers and ambulates residents.
- Reminds residents of medications as scheduled.
- Maintains records of fluid intake/output and nutritional information.
- Assists in the admission, transfer and discharge of residents.
2. Provides assistance with light housekeeping and laundry.
- Provides for general upkeep of facility, office and residents rooms.
- Makes beds, dusts furniture, spots cleans as needed.
- Cleans floors by vacuuming, shampooing and mopping.
- Cleans and disinfects commodes, sinks and similar fixtures.
- Restocks supplies in resident rooms, replaces soap, light bulbs and such as needed.
- Washes, dries, and folds or irons residents personal laundry and returns to resident. Handles cleaned and soiled personal laundry according to standards and procedures.
3. Prepares and delivers meals to residents; may assist dining room staff with serving of meals.
- Prepares and delivers drink and food items for meals and snacks.
- Secures requests for meals and delivers them to residents.
- Cleans up dining area after all meals.
- Cleans kitchen and food preparation areas as directed.
4. Provides emotional support and assistance to families.
- Develops and maintains a positive rapport and working relationship with residents and families to assist in solving concerns of residents.
- Engages in effective communications with residents and families; talks and listens in supportive manner.
- Demonstrates support of resident rights.
5. Assists with the delivery of activities and encourages resident participation in appropriate activities under the direction of the Activities Coordinator.
- Provides input to the needs, interests and abilities of residents.
- Implements daily activities set up by Personal Care Manager.
- Provides instruction for scheduled classes such as exercise classes and reminds residents of appointments or activities schedules.
6. Provides administrative support as appropriate in such areas as answering phones, record keeping, participating in care planning for residents and giving/taking report for each shift.
- Gives and takes report on assigned residents at shift change.
- Completes daily charting and record keeping.
7. Complies with Wesley Woods standards of conduct and job-related behavior.
- Attends required courses and training.
- Maintains confidentiality of residents and families, including all verbal, written and computer information.
- Complies with annual employee health assessment.
- Complies with blood borne pathogen procedures.
- Complies with Hazardous Material Management procedures and with body substance isolation procedures.
- Participates in staff meetings as requested.
- Maintains acceptable attendance standards.
8. Maintains current knowledge and understanding of proper procedures for related tasks such as hand washing, vital signs, use of gait belt, body mechanics, scales and others related to specific resident care.
9. If assigned to Skilled Care will provide specialized services:
- Assist with elimination using urinals, bedpans, bowel and/or bladder programs.
- Use Hoyer lift and apply restraints for assigned residents.
- Collect specimens and perform other clinical duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Certification by the State of Georgia as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). – Preferred, but not required.
- The ability to read, write and follow written and oral instructions in English. Experience in a retirement community preferred. Current CPR and/or First Aid will be required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., stand and walk 90% of working hours.
- Normal long-term geriatric health care residence and health care environments.
- Will be required to wear uniforms and to conform to facility dress code.
The above statements are intended to generally describe the work being performed by people to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills, required of the personnel so classified.
Wesley Woods Senior Living offers a comprehensive benefit plan to eligible team members to include health, dental vision, retirement benefits, short term disability, long term disability and paid time off.
Conditions of Employment
All offers of employment with Wesley Woods are conditioned based upon completing and passing a background, drug test, and participating in vaccine programs (e.g., Covid-19, Flu, TB testing).
All job applicants applying for Wesley Woods Senior Living will undergo testing for the presence of illegal drugs as a condition of employment. Any applicant with a confirmed positive test will be denied employment. Applicants will be required to submit voluntarily to a specimen test at a laboratory chosen by Wesley Woods, and by signing a consent agreement will release Wesley Woods from liability. If the physician, official or lab personnel has reasonable suspicion to believe that the job-applicant has tampered with the specimen, the applicant will not be considered for employment. Wesley Woods will not discriminate against applicants for employment because of a past history of drug abuse. It is the current abuse of drugs, preventing employees from performing their jobs properly that will not be tolerated. Wesley Woods is a Drug Free Company. Individuals who have failed a pre-employment test may initiate another inquiry with the company after a period of not shorter than; six (6) months; but they must present themselves drug-free as demonstrated by urinalysis or other tests selected by WWSL.
EEO / AA Statement
Wesley Woods does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran/Reserve/National Guard status.
Hospital Jobs | Recruitology.com