Boston Children’s Hospital
At Boston Children’s Hospital, the quality of our care – and our inclusive hospital working environment – lies in the diversity of our people. With patients from local communities and 160 countries around the world, we’re committed to reflecting the spectrum of their cultures, while opening doors of opportunity for our team. Here, different talents pursue common goals. Voices are heard and ideas are shared. Join us, and discover how your unique contributions can change lives. Yours included.
The Clinical Technologist will be responsible for:
- Performing a variety of moderately and highly complex diagnostic laboratory testing under general supervision.
- Determining whether the results are abnormal/critical and takes appropriate action internally/externally according to laboratory guidelines. Recording results of tests with all supporting documentation for clinical interpretation.
- Performing daily quality control, routine preventative maintenance and calibration of equipment.
- Participating in department continuing education training program, expanding knowledge and experience in laboratory medicine.
- Providing general assistance to less experienced laboratory personnel. Communicates principle/theory to physicians and other professional staff.
- Performing a variety of special projects and additional work as needed/assigned.
To qualify, you must have:
- The knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts typically acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a clinical laboratory science or a closely related field.
- Plus up to one year of experience and/or an internship.
- The analytical skills to collect information from diverse sources, apply professional principles in performing various analyses, and summarize the information and data in order to solve problems OR design relatively complex systems and programs.
- The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and provide empathy in difficult interpersonal situations.
Please note: During a public health emergency, individuals in this role may be expected to take on additional duties to respond to organizational needs.
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.