Are you excited by the prospect of change and growth? Challenge yourself and grow with UTMB Health.
Your skills and experience have prepared you for the next phase of Professional Development. Join us, where you will be a part of an exceptional team with a progressive and dynamic culture, focused on an exciting future.
Discover what the Gulf Coast lifestyle has to offer. Minutes from beaches and state parks on an island rich with history and local culture, Galveston is also conveniently close to Houston and the additional benefits that come with a major Metroplex.
Work, live, and grow here. Be a part of our future as we work together to work wonders.
To provide leadership skills in the Department of Laboratory Services (Anatomic Pathology, Clinical Pathology, Regional Reference Lab, and Blood Center). The Assistant Administrative Director will provide the necessary technical and administrative expertise to achieve optimal patient care. Activities are to coordinate the maximum utilization of available human and fiscal resources within the established budgetary guidelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Directs the daily operation and management of all service aspects of specific Laboratory Services Divisions and is responsible for their efficient operation and allocation of work flow. Adjusts nonmedical staffing as necessary.
- Analyzes, evaluates and takes appropriate actions to resolve system problems in the various divisions.
- Participates in long-term planning of management activities with the Administrative Director, the Medical Directors and the Division Managers. Evaluates demographic trends, community needs and patient treatment programs. Initiates appropriate action.
- Works in conjunction with medical staff, nursing, ancillary personnel, and senior hospital management in the resolution of problems involving equipment, service, communications and support systems.
- Acts as administrative representative with other hospital departments and outside organizations. Participates in various hospital and departmental committees as assigned.
- Develops, revises, and implements policies and procedures. Interprets departmental and hospital policies and assures compliance.
- Represents the department in resolution of patient and or service related complaints.
- Plans, formulates, and manages the departmental budget for specific Laboratory Services Divisions. Responsible for action planning to correct fiscal variances.
- Responsible for the fiscal management of specific Laboratory Services’ Divisions to include capital and operating funds.
- Prepares cost studies and recommends technical fee schedules based on hospital costs, payor mix, and competitive environment. Consults on professional fees and global billing.
- Responsible for recruitment, hiring, orientation, training, supervision, evaluation, disciplinary action and/or termination process of classified personnel in Laboratory Services. Seeks appropriate physician input. Responsible for initiating and expediting personnel forms and the accurate and timely submission of payrolls.
- Makes provision for complying with all legal regulations applying to institutional laboratory functions. This includes all licenses and accreditations.
- Assumes responsibility for safe working conditions. Responsible for coordinating all laboratory information systems and their integration with EPIC, billing systems and other laboratory IT needs.
- Assumes responsibility for the operation and direction of specific Laboratory Services Divisions of the Health System, regardless of location.
- Ensures compliance with governmental and regulatory accrediting agencies to include: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the American Hospital Association, The Occupational Safety and Health Administration, The Joint Commission, The Food and Drug Administration, the American Society of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics, the American Association of Blood Banks and the College of American Pathology.
- Identifies appropriate internal controls for department; provides mechanisms to monitor and enforce compliance.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
- Bachelor’s Degree Clinical Laboratory Sciences or related field.
- Must have 10 years of progressively responsible laboratory experience, including five years of management experience in a healthcare or business environment is required.
- Certification from either the American Society of Clinical Pathologist (ASCP), American Medical Technologists (AMT), or the American Board of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ABHI) or equivalent certification.
- Master’s Degree in Health Care Administration or Business Administration Experience with implementation of Laboratory Information Systems preferred.
- Experience in academic healthcare preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a high degree of professionalism and competence in dealing with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to develop, organize, and accomplish goals.
- Ability to analyze/evaluate data and make appropriate recommendations/decisions.
- Leadership and management skills to direct and guide others appropriately.
- Preparation and analysis of operating budgets and capital equipment evaluation.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- General knowledge of medical terminology and trends related to disease process and the technology available for detection/treatment.
- Ability to implement and sustain laboratory information systems
- Knowledge of electronic medical records.
- Is knowledgeable about specific laboratory related OSHA requirements.
- General knowledge of medical terminology and trends related to disease processes and the technology available for detection/treatment.
- Ability to operate laboratory information systems.
Received: Administrative Director, Laboratory Services
Given: Managers, Pathology Quality Mgmt. Spec., Administrative Secretary
We are a part of a large academic institution and health system with over half a billion in gross charges, and over 400 FTE’s.
With the Administrative Director of Laboratory Services, sets strategic direction and goals for the department
Accountable for compliance with all regulatory and accrediting agencies and associated standards. Allocates and is accountable for appropriate utilization of all human, operating, and capital resources.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Hospital Jobs | Recruitology.com