PLEASANT VALLEY MANOR
Don’t just take a position – join a caring and supportive team! We are actively seeking an organized, dependable, and self-starting individual for a challenging and rewarding opportunity as an Administrative Assistant. You will be responsible for assisting the Director of Nursing and the Assistant Director of Nursing in the day-to-day operations of their department and you will act as an important resource for generating correspondence, liaising between department personnel, performing clerical duties, and assisting with scheduling. This is an essential employee position that is vital to maintaining required paperwork and the flow of information within the Nursing Department.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to work in long-term care while pursuing a nursing degree or certification, or someone who has transitioned into an administrative assistant role. If you are detail-oriented, organized, and enjoy working in a team-oriented environment, then you’ll fit right in with our diverse and fun-loving team, working as part of a culture you can be proud of where everyone is treated with respect and recognized for their efforts.
Heroes work here! Pleasant Valley Manor is a premier non-profit long-term care facility near Stroudsburg, PA, with caring roots in our community since 1974, and delivering unparalleled quality and compassionate resident care with a focus on individual resident needs and delivering positive outcomes for residents and their families.
A day in the life of an Administrative Assistant in Nursing includes, but is not limited to, the following duties and responsibilities:
· Works with the Nursing Department and physicians/CRNP to obtain signatures from physicians/CRNP as needed.
· Familiarizes oneself with the contents of Nursing Department files and maintains them in an accurate and easily accessible manner, keeping files up-to-date and organized, in accordance with all applicable regulation.
· Assists with the completion of forms related to Department of Health surveys and maintains all related records.
· Works with the Human Resources department to schedule interviews for nursing positions and corresponds with candidates as necessary.
· Communicates with the medical staff, nursing personnel and other department supervisors.
· Maintains confidentiality of all pertinent personnel and resident information.
· Tracks certifications and licenses. Assists the Staffing Department with notifications and tracking of employees.
· Assists with mailing letters, infection control PASRS notifications, condolence cards, staff birthdays, and other correspondence as needed.
· Distributes information to nursing units as needed, including but not limited to memos, read-and-sign education, current wound sheets, pharmacy recommendations, med options recommendations. Tracks for timely completion of recommendations and collects completed forms/recommendations to file/send copies to outside entities such as the consultant pharmacist as needed.
· Works with Pharmacy “Cover My Meds” program and physicians/CRNP to ensure prior authorization forms are completed as needed.
· Assists with collecting current incident reports from the nursing units and gathering statements as needed/calling for statements to have completed in a timely manner
· Ensures that policies and procedures are available electronically, and assists to distribute new policies as needed.
· Acts as back-up scheduling coordinator and assists scheduling personnel as needed.
· Performs similar or related duties, as required.
· Attends and participates in continuing education programs.
· Seeks out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing Department practices.
· Maintains the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintains the appearance of the nursing office by conducting regular inspections and appropriate follow-up actions.
· Functions independently, has flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, and support agencies.
· Works overtime as needed.
· High School Diploma or its equivalent. Business courses preferred.
· Minimum one (1) year experience in a secretarial or office manager position, or successful completion of a secretarial program from an accredited school/college.
· Able to read, write, speak, and communicate in the English language.
· Ability to deal tactfully with personnel, have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm.
· Able to type a minimum of 60 words per minute and use a ten key calculator.
· Strong working knowledge of computers, data input/output, office machines and equipment, and MS word and Excel.
· 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
· Part-time (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
What we offer:
We have a winning total rewards package for the right individual that includes the following:
· Competitive Pay
· Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits (available 1st of the month following hire date)
· Short- and Long-Term Disability
· 401(k) & 401(k) Matching Contributions
· Employee Referral Program
· Paid Vacation Time
· Paid Sick Time
· Paid Holidays
· Advancement Opportunities
· Professional Development Assistance
Pleasant Valley Manor is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment is contingent on successful completion of pre-placement physical, drug screen, and criminal background review.
As we navigate the COVID crisis, Pleasant Valley Manor continues to take every precautionary measure to ensure potential candidates, our staff, and our residents have the highest level of safety.
For questions, please call (570) 402-4224.
Source: Hospital Jobs | Recruitology.com